Monday, February 7, 2011

Queer Love

Nobody gets to call Love "ugly".
You can tell me that I am unloving,
But you can't call my love "ugly."
God is Love. Love uses Love to make Love.
(that is what God made us of.)
We are made of Love.

Love is not demanding. It needs nothing but to know its object exists.
If you say I am demanding, it's not my Love you are talking about.

What part of God is not Love? God's anger? God is not Anger.
God's hatred of sin? God is not Hatred.
God's vengeance? God is not Vengeance.
These parts of God come and go. Love abides.

Or, is your God eternally angry? Then my God vanquished your god long ago.
Take down the mask of anger, Love.
Make it a sword, and end my bodily existence.
You will live to Love another day.
I will live to Love forever.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Linda! I wish good things for you in this adventure. And thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

    I love this poem! What a perfect way to approach Valentine's Day - a reminder of what Love is.

    Suzanne F.

    ReplyDelete